Pure Wool Blanket in Muted Blue Stewart TartanRegular price 783 kr
A high quality, hard wearing pure wool blanket in the classic tones of blue and beige on white, creating the traditional Muted Blue Stewart tartan. This versatile pure wool tartan throw adds a touch of authentic Scottish style to any interior. A comforting woollen throw for your sofa or bed. Also suitable as a tartan picnic blanket.
- 100% pure new wool
- Approx. size: 150 x 183cm - 59 x 72" (including fringes)
- Made in the UK
Dry Clean or Handwash
-A GUIDE TO HANDWASHING A BLANKET:
-Get a washing bowl or bucket large enough to accommodate your blanket allowing for some movement.
-Fill it with cool water (not warm or tepid) and add a detergent that states that it's for 'delicate fabrics'. Don't over-fill as the blanket itself will disperse a large volume of water in the vessel.
-MIx well so that the detergent is thoroughly dispersed in the water - be careful not to add too much.
-Put the blanket in and and press down and 'knead' it gently to wash it through and get the detergent thoroughly soaked into the wool fibres. Do NOT wring or twist the fabric as you do this.
-Leave it to soak in bowl/bucket for 30 mins minImum.
-Remove the blanket carefully without stretching.
-Refill the bowl/bucket with cool clean water and place the blanket back in there and repeat gentle washing motions to remove any excess detergent and suds.
-The blanket must now be removed as the next stage of the process is drying.
-Please note that any wringing must be avoided as this may permanently damage the shape -all artificial drying methods are aslo damaging to pure wool
-In order to remove excess water from the blanket fold it in half and roll it in a bathtowel, rather like a swiss roll (the Blanket being the 'Jam'). Roll it and apply pressure to it it until a substantial amount of moisture has been removed.
-Finally, the blanket needs to be laid across a drying rack or line, avoiding any stretching or pressure points. Time and evaporation will do their magic now. You can expect a cleaner and softer blanket than with dry cleaning, and with a tiny environmental impact by comparison, not to mention a huge significant cash saving.
IMPORTANT NOTE -There is a small one-time reduction in the size of the blanket when you wash it in water. This is insignificant and worth the benefits and savings of water-washing, but it should be borne in mind at the outset.
Also, some crinkling of the product label may occur due to the differing nature of this material.
We at Highland Store believe that handwashing is a great option in terms of care of your pure wool blanket, and also the best route in terms of impact on the environment. We endeavour to give the best guidance in this respect but we cannot be responsible for any damage to your item as a result of this process.
For more info see our Blog:
'HOW TO CARE OF YOUR WOOLLEN CLOTHES AND BLANKETS '
(Blog Section in the INFO bar at top)
Purchases will be dispatched within 1-5 working days.
We use the most economical and reliable shipping services that are available
Shipping Expected transit times:
- UK only: First class: 1-2 / Second Class: 3-4 working days via Royal Mail
- Europe: 7-12 working days Tracked
- Rest of World: 7-14 days or more Tracked
Shipping Costs - UK- Examples of rates
|Scarf||Tracked 1-2 days -3.99 Tracked 3-4 days -1.99|
|Blanket||Tracked 1-2 days -3.99 Tracked 3-4 days -2.99|
Shipping Costs - Europe- Examples of rates
|Scarf||Tracked 7-12 days -13.00|
|Blanket||Tracked 7-12 days -13.00|
Shipping Costs - USA AND REST OF WORLD Examples of rates
|Scarf||Tracked 7-14 days -22.00|
|Blanket||Tracked 7-14 days -22.00|
- Larger orders will attract more attractive rates per item.
- These will be calculated clearly at checkout after you enter your country and zip code
- If your item is not in stock, we will order it for you when possible.
- The customer will always be emailed with the option to cancel their order if you would rather not wait.
- We understand that sometimes things are not as you expected or wanted so don t worry!
- If you wish to return an item, please contact us to make arrangements before doing so, by email -Please make sure that your order number is clear on any communication and on the returned item-(Yes, people have returned items without any clue where or who they are from!!)
- From the date of shipment, you have 28 days to evaluate your purchase.
- Provided it has not been worn, used or damaged and no labels have been removed, you may return it in its original, undamaged packaging for a full refund or exchange. This does not affect your statutory rights. We will refund shipping charges if the goods are faulty or not as ordered
- We will refund you as quickly as possible to the card that you paid with